The WP Minute
Success in WordPress
Its the WP Minute!
This episode is brought to you by Search WP. Improve WordPress search by visiting SearchWP.com
You know the drill, everything I mention here will be linked up in the newsletter and the blog post. Checkout thewpminute.com for the links.
Sshh…no major acquisitions this week.
WordPress 5.8 is slated for release on July 20. In just over a month, many users will get their first experience of the template-editing mode. This can be exciting for users allowing them to create custom templates without ever leaving the post-editing screen.
New powerful blocks like the Theme blocks and Query blocks will be introduced.
Beta 3 of 5.8 is available today for testing.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Google Maps, Sarah Gooding from WordPress Tavern breaks down some of the recent happenings with the MapLibre Project. Citing she even opened a ticket for Jetpack to consider using it in a future release.
Chris Lema shares his thoughts from the lens of Nexcess/LiquidWeb and other hosting companies on the future success of WordPress. It seems Nexcess might have their own Membership website experience coming for WordPress hosting soon.
WPEngine’s Summit 2021 dubbed “The Digital Breakthrough Conference” launches tomorrow June 24th.
From the Grabbag
- The WPWeekly hit the 50 issue milestone, congrats Davinder.
- Joe Casabona shows you how to submit to the WordPress Block Pattern Directory without code.
- WebDevStudios is now a VIP Gold Partner with proven excellence implementing WordPress at scale.
- Gravity Forms celebrate the Gravity Forms Certified Developer Program (Look for more of this from major plugin vendors in the future).
- I enjoyed this conversation with WPBuffs founder Joe Howard and Nathan Hirsh on his podcast about starting FreeUp.net a home for hiring WordPress freelancers.
If you’re a creator in the WordPress or web tech space, I talked about how you can get a job leveraging your existing content over on the latest episode of the Matt Report.
That’s it for today’s episode, if you enjoyed please share it on your social media, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser. Don’t forget to share share share this episode with others and jump on the mailing list at thewpminute.com